Saturday, August 29, 2015

Will I Be The Listing and The Selling Agent of Your Home?

Listing and Selling Agent, Will It Be Me?

The answer is yes, I can be the listing and selling agent, more commonly known as a dual agent - but should I be?

Listing Agent

When my firm lists for you for sale and I represent you,  I am your confidant, the one who markets your property, looks after your best interests and makes sure your home is top of mind amongst buyers agents. My marketing efforts ensure your property is found on the MLS, that agents in the area and beyond know about your listing for sale. I ensure that that other agents are noticing your listing with their clients in mind. Most often your listing is shown because I am doing my job properly. My job is to get your home shown. Once your home gets an offer, my job is to work with you and to represent you to get the best offer, with the best conditions. I am not the buyers agent unless you agree to my representing you both.

Buyers Agent

Many buyers have a buyers agent already. They may contact me off my "For Sale" board, or via my internet marketing, but very often they get to work with their own Buyers Agent.  The buyer agent's job is to report to and to be their advocate in finding out about the property, working with the available information when you are ready to make an offer and help you through the process of purchasing a home. It is not always a good idea for the buyer to be represented by the Seller agent. 

Dual Agent

A dual agent must represent buyers and sellers fairly. They are not allowed to share knowledge from either party about the other. The dual agent will be divided between parties with competing interests. You need to be really clear on what your agent needs to represent for you and what the job you require to be done. Be careful and be fully clear on this before agreeing

Designated Agency

Designated Agency comes about when a firm that you have your home listed with has a different agent in the same office who has a buyer that they represent that would like to buy your home. This is more common. You would sign a designated agency agreement with the firm where the buyers agent continues to look after their buyers interests and the listing agent looks after the Seller.

I hope this information helps you when considering selling your home of purchasing one. I am always on hand to assist you if you have any questions regarding this matter. As a real estate professional with many years experience, I would be your honored advocate working in your best interests.





No comments:

Post a Comment